DB-ALU3e is not recognized with USB 2.0 ports

DB-ALU3e is not recognized with USB 2.0 ports

Hello,
    I own DB-ALU3e, which works flawlessly with USB 3.0 and eSATA ports. Recently I had to remove the case from my home environment and connect it to computer with USB 2.0 ports. I was surprised, the case was not recognized. I tried the other USB 2.0 ports, but with no luck. I tried with another USB 3.0 A-B cable, same result. I tried also with USB 2.0 A-B cable, again same result. I updated the drivers, same result. I tried another computer and it's the same. It only works with USB 3.0 ports and eSATA ports. Is there any newer firmware version which I could try? My current f/w is 091029000000.
    Thanks in advanced.
    Hi,

there's no other firmware needed to use the USB 3 devices on a USB 2 port. We tried it by ourself with a lot of different computers and it works always as suggested, also no other customers are complaining about such a problem.
    The only thing which is known and valid for all USB 3 products is that sometimes older USB 2 pots got problems with USB 3 devices or cables and it helps to use a USB 2 cable but if this still didn't work for you there must be a problem with the computers you have used for the connection tests.

Best regards,
    Lars

Neu

Hello Lars,
    Thanks for your reply. As far as I'm aware, only my Fantec enclosure has problems with USB 2.0 ports on those computers. I saw that DB-ALU3e uses ASM1051 chip, so I found newer firmware version for it over the internet. I tried to update it but it failed, so my question is: In case of firmware update which interface is used to perform the task? I'm aware that USB 3.0 ports came with legacy USB 2.0 data pins, so when I do a firmware update procedure, which data streams are used. The USB 3.0 differential pairs or the USB 2.0 differential pair?
    Regards,

Neu

Hi,

we don't recommend to flash other firmwares especially it's not necessary!

sonny schrieb:

In case of firmware update which interface is used to perform the task? I'm aware that USB 3.0 ports came with legacy USB 2.0 data pins, so when I do a firmware update procedure, which data streams are used. The USB 3.0 differential pairs or the USB 2.0 differential pair?

I can't tell you, we never heard about such a thing and no one got informations about it. I tried several flash procedures by my own and it works on USB 2 and USB 3 so i think there is nothing like different flash ways for the firmware.

Best regards,
    Lars

Neu

Hi,

i think you didn't dind a compatible version. I searched by myself for other firmwares and tried several things a while ago but for the USB/eSATA combinated devices all firmwares on the Internet aren't compatible.
    Maybe this changed later but it's also possible that this case needs a special firmware which is not available online.

Best regards,
    Lars