QB 35RFEU3 fuktioniert nicht mehr nach dem Urlaub

QB 35RFEU3 fuktioniert nicht mehr nach dem Urlaub

Vor 2.5 Jahren habe ich bei Ihnen ein FANTEC Raid Gehaus gekauft, und jetzt plötzlich nach einen Urlaub dieses funktioniert nicht mehr. Als ich die in Strom einstekce die Lichter zittern und der Ventilator scheint nicht mehr zu funktionieren und es geht nicht an.

Hier ist ein Video:

Ideen? Hilfe?

Vielen Dank!
    Rat auf Englisch (meine MutterSprache) bekomme ich auch sehr gern! ;)
    Hello at first :thumbup: ,

we have specially an international Section, so of course you can post in english. ;)

Well, it looks like a damaged PSU.

This power supply is specified as a switching power supply Unit and it works, if it works, for many years 24/7.
    The Problem is, if you disconnect those 24/7 running PSU's from the Power, it can happen that the PSU could not start again, after reconnecting.
    That's what often happens on holdiays, where the People disconnect the Power after months of running.
    You can compare it to a car. If the car is running again, it runs. But if the Battery is faulty and the voltage collapses, the car could not start.

The Reason is very simple. PSU's are working heat over days, weeks, months, years of running - but the capacitors/caps inside did not like heat. They begin to age. At the end they are faulty an the PSU cannot start again.

There are three Options:

- If you have Connections to a technician, you can let it repair. Often it is a repair of some minutes and cents. Often you only have to change all caps inside. After it the PSU should work again.
    - Also you can order a new original PSU. Then please contact service@fantec.de for more informations.
    - At least you can search by yourself for a PSU. But then please note necessarily the pinouts and the voltages from the original PSU!!!

regards
    Thanks so much for the explanation! This is helpful. A few more questions for you:
    Is there some sort of guarantee on this unit? If so, how long from the time of purchase?
    Besides ordering the PSU from Fantec, do you also offer the service?
    If not, do you have a repair shop that you can recommend?
    Finally, if I do bring it in for repair, should I leave the hard drives in, or take them out?

Many thanks!
    Hello,

yarondahan schrieb:

Is there some sort of guarantee on this unit? If so, how long from the time of purchase?

Well, have a look at the signature - i am not from the official fantec Support :thumbup:. You should better ask your Commercial Dealer, to get more informations about potential warranties.

yarondahan schrieb:

Besides ordering the PSU from Fantec, do you also offer the service?

Outside the warranty Fantec offer spare parts only. WE (please note the signature) do not offer anything officialy. You only can ask us to help privately. But I think only the shipping costs to Germany will be more expensive than a new power supply.

yarondahan schrieb:

Finally, if I do bring it in for repair, should I leave the hard drives in, or take them out?

No, it is not necessary to remove the hard drives. On the contrary it is possible to destroy the Raid Structure. In addition, the repair affects only the external power supply.

regards