Problem locating NAS CL-35B2

Problem locating NAS CL-35B2

Hi,

I have recently bought CL-35B2 and installed two 4TB hardisks.
    My first question is, does this model support 2 x 4TB hardisks? because on the box it says yes but inside the manual it is written 'up to 2 X 3TB'.

In case if there is not a problem with hardisk compatibility then the next problem I am having is locating the NAS on the network. I have connected the NAS and my computer both on the same network via LAN. But my router does not have DHCP. I am using my university computer which is connected via a static IP to University network. I have put the device on the same network as well...
    Will assigning a static IP to NAS solve the problem? if yes, then how can I access the NAS to assign a static IP?

Note: My firewall and antivirus both are off.

please help me out. :(

Thanks and regards,
    Taimoor
    Hello,

yes, you can use 2 x 4TB! Have a look at the official fantec Product Homepage. :thumbup:

If you are working in a University Network, it could be a big Problem. Do you really have a Router? Not a Switch? If it is an Intranet with a Switch you have to contact an Admin who is Managing the IP Adresses in the U-Network.

The Problem is you can Change DHCP to static IP only on the B2's Webinterface. You can use the finder.exe on the CD-ROM you will find in the package. Have a look at the Qickstart Guide FANTEC_CL-35B2_quickstart_de_en_fr.pdf
    There you can finde the Minimum way to configure the NAS without an Admin from the U-Network.

regards
    Thank you for such a prompt response.

I have already tried the 'finder' software available on the CD. I have tried all the steps according to the short guide provided but it did not work.
    I am not sure if it is a switch or router. What I know is that when I use 'arp -a' command, it does not list the MAC address of NAS device.

So I guess I need to contact the Admin from the U-Network, right?

Can they assign a static IP to NAS without using B2's Webinterface?

What if I take the device home, assign an static IP to NAS (same IP which I am going to use here at University network later) through my home network and the bring the device back to University and connect it to the network. Will it solve the problem?

Thanks,
    Taimoor

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von „taimoor_afr“ ()

Hello,

taimoor_afr schrieb:

So I guess I need to contact the Admin from the U-Network, right?

correct!

taimoor_afr schrieb:

Can they assign a static IP to NAS without using B2's Webinterface?

No - you will need a Network to get an Access via the finder Tool or directly via an IP Adress.

taimoor_afr schrieb:

What if I take the device home, assign an static IP to NAS (same IP which I am going to use here at University network later)

I think it is the best way to configure it if your University Admin cannot help you.

regards