Dissapointing performance of 3DXHDS

Dissapointing performance of 3DXHDS

I have been a relatively happy owner of a now pretty old media player (don't remember the model name and don't want to mention it also).
    It wasn't perfect, but it had a nice remote control, it rarely crashed and pretty much everything worked albeit a bit slow.
    Knowing many years have passed and the unit was getting old I wanted to treat myself to a new model, naively expecting better performance.
    So I bought Fantec 3DXHDS. It was a mistake:(
    - The remote is tricky. You have to point it directly at the player or it does not "catch" the signal. - Also remote is not responsive, you have to press hard on keys. Keys are not arranged logically so you have to keep your light on at all times so you can search for appropriate key for such things as changing volume. Such often used keys are also small. - Unit is freezing mid-movie almost every second day. Much more often than the old player.- The unit won't let you select subtitle file so you have to rename subtitle file manually to match video file name
    There were no firmware updates in 2 years so I suppose this is as good as it gets and I should say goodbye to my money and buy something else?
    MrBlack