My Brand new QB-X8US3 With Mac disconnects

My Brand new QB-X8US3 With Mac disconnects

Ho can I stop the QB-X8US3 disconnecting after a few minutes unless I am working on one of the HD I install there?

Also I read here I can change the Synch and avoid this problem. However When am'I able to do so? If the machine is on clicking button 18 gives me nothing, no colour changes or anything
    If this option stops disconnecting how can I use it?

Thanks as like this I fear the drives will eventually break and I will loose a lot of valuable information

Regards
    Hi,

as we heard this is a Mac problem with USB drives and can't fixed by the drives itself.

You could try to switch the Standby modes but it doesn't have anything to do with a "HDD spindown", this option is only for a synced powering off when the computer is powered off.

While the device runs you must hold the button until it switches to another mode!

Best regards,
    Lars
    I understand what you mean, however if the box disconnects if any of the drives is not in use there must be a reason.
    Do you sell your boxes with the USB3 ports already installed in the new mac, or they also work with PCI cards installed in the MACPRO which doesn't have USB3
    I have several USB 2 drives of all capacities including a 4TB LAcie USB3 and none of dean switches off weather or not they are actually in use
    I fear using the Fantec box because each time I have to repair the disk with disk Utility and one of them doesn't mount anymore.
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks
    Hi,

dante schrieb:

Do you sell your boxes with the USB3 ports already installed in the new mac, or they also work with PCI cards installed in the MACPRO which doesn't have USB3

What? :D
    I would prefer a PCIe Card but i think that this wouldn't change a thing but you could try it.

dante schrieb:

I have several USB 2 drives of all capacities including a 4TB LAcie USB3 and none of dean switches off weather or not they are actually in use
    I fear using the Fantec box because each time I have to repair the disk with disk Utility and one of them doesn't mount anymore.

I think it's because this aren't Raid devices!

Best regards,
    Lars
    Probably I did not make myself understood. I wasn't born in ENGLISH ...
    As you advertise the QB-X8US3 as Mac compatible I was asking if the compatibility is for the latest Macs which come with USB3 ports included or also for the MACPRO with a USB3 PCI card giving USB3 additional facilities to the computer.
    In my MacPro I have a PCI CalDigit Card. The Fantec is hooked to the computer through this card. As you don't supply a driver for Mac and I connect it to the Caldigit card the information from the drives in the QB-X8US3 go through it to the computer. Could this be one reason why it dies unless one of the drives is in active operation?
    Can you suggest an alternative CDI card which you might have tested successfully with your hardware and doesn't disconnect?
    Also I don't use the QB-X8US3 awww a Raid Machine but as an enclosure for my Drives. I quoted the Lacie 4TB external drives not giving problems since in your first reply you said:
    "as we heard this is a Mac problem with USB drives and can't fixed by the drives itself."
    The drives inside my QB-X8US3 are Seagate Barracuda 2TB and I believe they are quality hardware.
    What can I do to keep the Fantec awake and responding? this is the question.
    Thanks again
    Regards
    Dante
    Hi,

dante schrieb:

As you advertise the QB-X8US3 as Mac compatible

this only concerns the general Mac compatibility and doesn't mean it's compatible with every hardware - i don't know if it could work with your PCI card. ;)

dante schrieb:

Can you suggest an alternative CDI card which you might have tested successfully with your hardware and doesn't disconnect?

This isn't possible, we suggest never any other hardware!

dante schrieb:

Also I don't use the QB-X8US3 awww a Raid Machine but as an enclosure for my Drives.

That's not the point, the X8US3 is a JBOD device but it also uses a "Raid Controller".

dante schrieb:

What can I do to keep the Fantec awake and responding? this is the question.

All our feedbacks about this problem got the same result: you must fix the problem at your Mac/Computer because it's not caused by the QB series.

Sorry to say but it's impossible to give you anymore advises. :/ You should try it at another computer so you can see that the device in general will work as suggested. :thumbup:

Best regards,
    Lars