Supported USB Wifi dongles

Supported USB Wifi dongles

I would like to buy a Fantec 3DS4600 but I want to use it of course to read files off of my home network and it doesn't have WiFi, it only supports WiFi through a USB WiFi dongle. But I am unclear about which USB WiFi dongles are supported and no stores that I have found so far sell the Fantec USB WiFi dongle. It would be very helpful if the website would say whether 3rd party WiFi dongles are supported, if they are which ones and point some of your customers in helpful directions.

I see there is a new product the P2700 + WiFi which now has Wifi included and that makes sense, but I haven't seen this in any stores either. It looks like to buy this device or the ones that don't have WiFi built in and require an extra part, I would need to purchase them on Amazon.

As an aside that doesn't have anything to do with my question really: The registration process of creating an account on this message forum I found to be obnoxious, and you are forced to register if there is a link posted on the forum that you want to be able to see. None of what I've seen so far of Fantec's customer facing side of the company has impressed me. I can only hope that the product once I finally am able to buy one is amazing.

Thank you for your time and I hope you answer my question.
    Hi,

Nathan1_ schrieb:

I see there is a new product the P2700 + WiFi which now has Wifi included and that makes sense, but I haven't seen this in any stores either. It looks like to buy this device or the ones that don't have WiFi built in and require an extra part, I would need to purchase them on Amazon.
    the P2700 is an older "End-of-Life" product which isn't produced and also there's no Software Support for this device anymore. And you missunderstood the WiFi part because the P2700 also didn't got a built-in WiFi, it's also provided via WiFi USB Stick.

Nathan1_ schrieb:

As an aside that doesn't have anything to do with my question really: The registration process of creating an account on this message forum I found to be obnoxious, and you are forced to register if there is a link posted on the forum that you want to be able to see. None of what I've seen so far of Fantec's customer facing side of the company has impressed me.
    If you don't like it you don't need to Register and use the Forum, you can find all informations on our Website AND this is the most important part, questions which are "sales-conducive" aren't allowed in the Forum so i will close this Thread here. :thumbup:

Best regards,
    Lars