New firmware for XMP600? When??

New firmware for XMP600? When??

Dear Fantec,
    I would like to ask you when there will be newer firmware available for this player. I have already several files, that are perfectly playable on PC, but Fantec cant handle them. And also it cant see/read some USB HDD enclosures, like my Thermaltake Max with 3TB WD Red drive, perfectly usable on all even older PCs or notebooks. When I was buing this player I hoped that it is good product and will have good support. But now it looks like I was mistaken and will have to search for another player, never looking back to Fantec products. Is there perhaps some custom firmware available from some fans somewhere or is it such a big problem to care for customers with your older players? Sorry for such words, but I am really disapointed.
    Hi,

due to the Hardware Chipset Limitation the maximum capacity for HDDs is 2TB, it's not possible to change that fact by Software-Update.

The support for this very old device ended in 2011 so there will be no newer firmware in the future. You must upgrade to newer devices with newer chipsets if you want to use HDDs with more than 2TB on a Mediaplayer (this concers EVERY player from every brand on the market so it's not a "Fantec issue" :thumbup: ).

Best regards,
    Lars