Strange behaviour on some movie files (showing as a folder and not as a movie file)

Strange behaviour on some movie files (showing as a folder and not as a movie file)

I mostly upload my movies on the internal HDD through FTP client.

Use FANTEC 3700 on a daily basis.
    Sometimes after few days strangely some movie files apparently are shown as folders?!

If I try to rename the extension on the player or through FTP client, it still shows the movie as a folder and If I try to play it goes "inside" the folder (which is obviously empty)

I also tried to download back to my MAC the file, but as it is shown as folder it has no data in it.

How can I solve this problem and restore properly the files?

Some unix expert can help maybe?

I urgely also please the support team to update the youtube app on the fantec since youtube changed the link for TV users and "closed" the youtube/XL support
    FANTEC P3700web
    Chipset Realtek 1185DD
    Using latest official firmware (build 9466)
    Hi,

it was never possible to readjust something like that so we came to the conclusion that this behaviour will be caused by your network, Virus/Trojaner, defective HDD or something else. I would suggest you to transfer files only by USB for testing purposes and doesn't use the network in this time.

amrak schrieb:

I urgely also please the support team to update the youtube app on the fantec since youtube changed the link for TV users and "closed" the youtube/XL support
    This isn't possible because the new Youtube LB uses HTML5 which is unsupported by the Chipset so it's impossible to use Youtube anymore!

Best regards,
    Lars
    Not quite a good understandable answer.

I must note that due to the OSX platform my enviroment is free from any trojans or viruses.
    Before I upload the movies to the 3700 I check them, and they play fine. (on my MAC and on the player)

Suddenly (randomly) some of the files after some period of time happen to act like above mentioned.
    I cant replicate this behaviour.

When this happens it happens internaly on the player without using the remote access to the player from any source.
    If you implicate that it should be some trojans, or something similar, how is this possible to happen internally on the player?

HDD is brand new, does not have any bad sectors.

Regarding the youtube app...recently I updated my Nintendo WII (and it was produced way ago) and it has the html5 support on the console, it plays fine.

Are we sure that it is impossible to do the same (with the software update) on the 3700 (some things can be done with the software if the HW does not support it, but implicates more CPU use)?

THANK YOU for the quick reply
    FANTEC P3700web
    Chipset Realtek 1185DD
    Using latest official firmware (build 9466)
    As i told you it's absolutely not readjustable, we got a Player from another customer which should act like yours and this Player runs here for several month but until now no failure. :thumbup:
    In my opinion it's something at your place.

amrak schrieb:

Are we sure that it is impossible to do the same (with the software update) on the 3700?
    100% sure!

Best regards,
    Lars