Need help to find a way to transfer data from MAC/Windows to 3DAluplay

Need help to find a way to transfer data from MAC/Windows to 3DAluplay

Hi
    I haven't been able to transfer directly any movie, sound or photo files over my network to the HD that is placed in the 3DAlutec. Through XBMC I can see the Fantec product but I cannot do anything in the file sharing section. Not move, copy or delete any files.

I have managed to upload data through an external HD. First copy all to the external HD and then connect it to the Fantec and copy it all over. Unfortunately the movies that I upload don't go into the movie section so the only way I can play anything from the Fantec is within the file sharing section.

What am I missing here?

sincerely
    RavenDK
    Thanks turning samba "on" defiantly helped.
    Having looked into it, didn't help much. I can now copy the content from the Fantec to my computer. I run both windows 7 and Mac OSX.

I still cannot edit the content that I have transferred onto the HD of the Fantec with an external HD.

When Fantec formated the HD it made three subfolders named: movies, music and image. All the things that I have placed there cannot be seen in the main menu.

How can I EDIT the content??

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von „RavenDK“ ()

Hi Lars.

The whole idea with having the mediacenter that is connected to my home wifi network, was to get rid of the middle step of connecting a harddisk to a computer and then take that same harddisk and connect to a TV. (I have plenty of hard disks to do that)

Right now I cannot transfer anything from my computer over the network to the mediacenter. I can copy from the mediacenter to my computer and I can connect with the mediacenter to my computer and and copy from there (only when I run my mac in windows7 mode)...... What I cannot is to sit at my computer and send media files to my mediacenter. I also cannot move them or rename them.

The other problem is that all the media that I have uploaded can only be seen in the "File Manager" section. They are not placed in the Movies, Images and Music sections. Any advise is will be received with gratitude!

raven
    Hi,

RavenDK schrieb:

Right now I cannot transfer anything from my computer over the network to the mediacenter. I can copy from the mediacenter to my computer and I can connect with the mediacenter to my computer and and copy from there (only when I run my mac in windows7 mode)...... What I cannot is to sit at my computer and send media files to my mediacenter. I also cannot move them or rename them.
    if you have formatted the HDD with the Setup Format Tool this must be a failure within your network but it's nearly impossible to tell you what the mistake in your network is without being at your side. ;) Could be caused by wrong network settings on your PC, Router or also Firewalls, Antivirustools and so on.

RavenDK schrieb:

The other problem is that all the media that I have uploaded can only be seen in the "File Manager" section. They are not placed in the Movies, Images and Music sections. Any advise is will be received with gratitude!
    It's not possible to "place" any files there because this isn't folder-based, it's only a Library which scans all files and sort by file ending. I really advise to use the File Manager for a better view but if you want to use the Library it's up to you. (make sure that the folder .theater and the file .part is deleted while the Player is connected via USB to the Windows 7 Computer and use SAFE EJECT!! without Safe Eject the Library won't work!).

Best regards,
    Lars