How to reset

How to reset

Sorry for doing this in English, but in German it would take me a day and the result incomprehensible.
    A few weeks ago I got a QB 35USR, not knowing that the R stould for RAID. After formatting a few disks in it, I realised that this was not the model I wanted, so I sent it back. However, I did not undo the formatting and until now the disks continue to behave in RAID mode.

Please advice how to undo the RAID mode. Is there special software, or should a erase the hidden sectors?

Thanks in advance.

how to reset

Thanks,

That is what I thought, but with what? Just reformatting does not do the job and those partitions do not show in explorer or Windows disk management. I have read about various software, but some of them almost seem to burn a hole in the disk. Any software you can recommend?

Thanks
    Hi,

i don't know what are you doing there. ;)

Use the Windows Disk Management and delete the partition, that's all and that's what i strongly recommend (the partitions doesn't got anything "special" and are usable as every disk you're formatting with Windows)!

Otherwise use diskpart if you think you must use another Tool for it. :thumbsup:

Link

Best regards,
    Lars

how to reset

Thanks again,

In disk management the 2 drives appear as a single disk. Sometimes as 2 partitions, but always as a single disk. I can delete partitions as often as I like, I never get the computer to recognise that there are 2 drives. If I put only one drive in, it is not at all recognised until I add the other. I can unformat anf reformat as much as I want. Somehow there seems to be a hidden partition that defines this behaviour.

I asked Fantec support, but did not get it. It all started after I put the drives in the Fantec in RAID mode. I never got them out of it.

Best regards

Thanks,

That is what I thought, but with what? Just reformatting does not do the job and those partitions do not show in explorer or Windows disk management. I have read about various software, but some of them almost seem to burn a hole in the disk. Any software you can recommend?

Thanks
    Hi,

sorry but this is the last time i can answer you because it's 100% as i told you: there's NO hidden partition and the QB devices doesn't create ANYTHING like partitions or else, everything you create on the Raid is definitely created by your used OS.

It's possible that your OS created something like "GPT protective partition", have a look here for informations: Link

That's all i can do for you, if you need more help you need to talk to an experienced user near yourself! :thumbup:

Best regards,
    Lars