3DFHDL 3Tb connection to PC Windows 7 x64

3DFHDL 3Tb connection to PC Windows 7 x64

Hello to all,

excuse my English, I'll do my best.

The most times I connect 3DFHDL 3Tb to my PC (Windows 7 x64) it asks for a Scan Disk (possible incorrect last disconnection) and the operation never ends. I have to shut up the PC to disconnect USB without forcing the disconnection.

When the scan is not asked, I disconnect the player by double clicking the apposite icon in the task tray.

When the player is connected to the TV, I use the power button on the remote controller to disconnect.

So, why these continuos askings for scan disk and the operation never ends?

Thank you in advance
    Hello,

if you want to disconnect the Player, you should always use the "safely removal" Function by Windows. Scan Disk can take more then Hours, 1 or 2 Days or so. It is depending of the file Count and the Fill Level of the HDD.

You have to start Scan Disk again. Scan Disk must finish the Job otherwise you will get this Message again and again.

regards
    Hello paddylein,
    Thank you for your answer. I'm sorry to disturb you once more but I need help.
    Scan Disk is not always asked and in these cases the connection works well.
    But there is a way to connect correctly the player to PC:
    First power on the player and then connect the USB to PC or first connect the USB and then press the player Power button?
    Another note: when the player is powered on a scan of internal disc is performed. It means something?
    Hello,

you are not disturbing anyone here. It is a Support Board - a place to find help for those Questions. :thumbup:

spinellv schrieb:

Another note: when the player is powered on a scan of internal disc is performed. It means something?
    Yes, it is the scan Function for the internal Media Library (Music, photo, Video entry's on the Main Menu). If you do not use the media library, you can disble the Scan Function in the Setup.

spinellv schrieb:

First power on the player and then connect the USB to PC or first connect the USB and then press the player Power button?

The Last method is the best one :thumbup: . The Player should be powered off, if you want to connect it by USB.

regards
    Thank you very much. You are very kind, as always.
    So I have a further question about playlists.

As you explain in another thread FLAC-tags are not supported, so I decide to manage my personal music library by Playlists.

Some playlists created by Winamp or Mp3tag are not correctly read by Fantec player, but they work perfectly in Winamp.

I found that is due to some characters (es.: è, ù) or strings of characters ("A&B" is not recognized, "A & B" is recognized) in the folders/files name of the paths.

Where can I find the set of characters / strings accepted (or not accepted) by Fantec player? I don't want go on making blind attempts.

And more: In the most cases, when the player starts playing a song or a playlist I hear a noise like an electric discharge (the "crrrr" you hear when the pin doesn't find the right line on a vinyl disc). In Audacity files are OK, no peeks at the start.

Thank you

Best regards

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von „spinellv“ ()

Hello,

that is correct. Special Characters are not supported.

If it is possible use only File and Folder Names without any Special Characters, only letters form the english Alphapbet.

Also you should read this TUT (please use the Google Translator, to translate it in english). In this TUT you can read the right way to create Playlists specialy for the Players.

Eigene Wiedergabelisten für Fotos?

This TUT describes it by Photo Playlists and another Player Model, but it is the same way, to create Music Playlists for this Player Model.

The interesting Noise:

How did you connect Audio? SPDIF? HDMI or by classical cinch Stereo? Which Audio Settings in the Setup you are using?

regards
    Hello paddylein,
    thank you for the TUT on Playlist, I'll study

Informations about the noise at the very start of song/playlist:
    The player is normally connected to:
    -TV via HDMI and, the same time,
    -Stereo HiFi equipment (analog) via composite audio (left and right)
    The purpose is
    - Play my films or DVD (video and audio) on TV
    - Play my music on Hi Fi stereo equipment, browsing audio files on TV (perhaps setting TV volume to zero)
    In these days I'm working around playlists and I connect the player only to TV (to verify if playlist works) but there's no difference about the noise.

Audio settings in Setup:
    Language: Italian
    Night Mode: OFF
    HDMI: LPCM
    SPDIF: LPCM
    Dolby True HD: Ignore
    Lip Sync: OFF

Thank you
    Best regards
    Hello,

your Settings are looking good. I can not see a Problem there.

Sometimes the HDMI Connection can make those Problems. Please test it without a HDMI Connection (connect the TV by analog Video Signal to test it). Perhaps there is something like ARC or so activated in the TV settings? Do you have tested other Cables (HDMI and analog Cinch)?.

regards
    Hello,
    I've tested connecting TV via composite video cinch: same result.
    I exclude strange TV settings, after all Fantec Media Player is the first and the only external equipment ever connected to TV.
    I think it's time to give up (the problem is not so big).
    Remember me if new possible solutions or ideas will come in the future.
    Thank you very much for your careful assistance.
    Best regards