Fantec QB-35US3 for backup. Is it possible?

Fantec QB-35US3 for backup. Is it possible?

Hello,

I need to make a backup of a hard disk drive (about 2.5 T data) in a WD Caviar Green 3T empty and I had thought about buying the Fantec as the title 'cause has the ability to manage the hard drives separately.

My question is as follows:

if I insert an HDD full and another empty in the box then I can transfer (simple copy and paste) the data from the first to the second HDD?
    Or the box asks me to format the drives?

Thank you!
    Hello,

the QB's are Raid Systems, you cannot use HDD's with Data. If you install HDD's in the QB for new, you have to set the Raid Level and then the QB will install it automaticly (All data on the HDD's will be lost). So you have to make a backup at first if you want to use HDD's in the QB with installed Data.

regards
    Hello,

oh, you are right, sorry for it, my fault!!! I was reanswering some Problems about the US3R in a german Thread :thumbup: .

It is right, the US3!!! is only a 4 bay Chassis without raid. You can manage all HDD's like 4 several external HDD's. So you can copy under a OS like you wrote. You can install the HDD's without new Initializing!

regards