Movie JukeBox Folders

Movie JukeBox Folders

Hello,

I am slowly starting to know the 3DFHDL and starting to build the movies database.

From the manual I understand that I have first to create a "Movies" folder (I suppose directly under the "C" share) and then the genre folders under the "Movies" folder.

1- Am I limited only to the genre folders listed in the manual ? I mean there is a "Disaster" genre ;( but no "Sci-Fi" genre X( . Can I create a "Sci-Fi" genre folder?
    2- Is letter case important? I mean should it be "MOVIES" or "Movies", "Comedy" or "COMEDY"?

If in principle I am limited only to the genre folders listed in the manual, can I edit the list of genres (maybe some settings file in /system/etc ?)

Thank you in advance for you help.
    Vernatronics
    Thank you first of all for the super fast reply.

I already installed the latest Firmware Version r9757.

But I am getting a bit stuck with the Media JukeBox.

I can connect to the 3DFHDL via the samba share and I see a share named "C".

1. I created a folder named "Movies". Is this the correct thing to do?
    2. For the moment I created two subfolders inside "Movies", one named "Animation" and the other "Sci-Fi" (I plan to create more when I'll have learned a bit more about the 3DFHDL )
    3. Inside each of the genre folder I created a folder with the name of the movie
    4. I followed precisely the instruction in this thread http://www.fantec-forum.de/index.php?page=Thread&postID=16179#post16179 (including the dimension of the image) for having the movie jacket to appear in the "Movies" menu

=> The movie jacket appears correctly for the movie stored under the "Animation" genre folder, but not for the one under the "Sci-Fi" genre folder.

Lars, you mention a "new Media JukeBox". Is this the application that appears under "Premium Apps"? I tried using it, but I really can't understand how it works. My movies do not appear there. I did press the coloured buttons in the remote, nothing useful seems to happen.

I also did press the "green" button to rescan the HDD in the main menu.

Something else: from the samba share I can also see a ".jukebox" folder which contains a "'movie.db" file. I copied this file on my PC and analised it with SQLite Database Browser (sqlitebrowser.sourceforge.net), but the different tables (jbmovie, jbgenre, etc.) appear as completely empty. Is this a bad symptom?

Thanks again,
    Vernatronics
    Hi,

the Movie Jukebox is a "Bonus-Feature" and should be learned by using it by yourself. ;)

To add movies to the Jukebox you must use the Menu-Button on the Remote and select Add to Jukebox.

Vernatronics schrieb:

1. I created a folder named "Movies". Is this the correct thing to do?

2. For the moment I created two subfolders inside "Movies", one named "Animation" and the other "Sci-Fi" (I plan to create more when I'll have learned a bit more about the 3DFHDL )

3. Inside each of the genre folder I created a folder with the name of the movie
    Please forget this part because this will only work for the old Jukebox in older Firmwares, the new Jukebox doesn't need this anymore. You can create the folders as you like it due to the fact that the movies will be added by the Add to Jukebox feature!

Vernatronics schrieb:

Something else: from the samba share I can also see a ".jukebox" folder which contains a "'movie.db" file. I copied this file on my PC and analised it with SQLite Database Browser (sqlitebrowser.sourceforge.net), but the different tables (jbmovie, jbgenre, etc.) appear as completely empty. Is this a bad symptom?
    I t hink this happens because you don't have added any movies. ;)

Best regards,
    Lars
    Hi Lars
    the Movie Jukebox is a "Bonus-Feature" and should be learned by using it by yourself
    I agree in principle and I am sorry, but I am really stuck with the Jukebox.

- From the main menu, I go in the "Premium App", I click on the "Jukebox" app and I see the screen in the first attachment (basically an empty screen).
    - If I click the "menu" button on the remote, a pop-up warning asks confirmation "to remove". Remove what? ?( . (please see attachment 2). In any case, whether I choose YES or NO, nothing really happens.
    - If I click the "OK" button on the remote then I see another meaningless screen (attachment 3).

-----------

Concerning the movie jacket, however, now it appears correctly in the "Movie" menu, even for the movie under the "Sci-Fi". The movie and the image have to be written exactly in the same way (except for the extension), but I inadvertently missed a space in the image file.

--------

Now I have another question: in the "Movie" menu, is it possible to hide the movie file extension ?

Thanks again and Kind regards,
    Vernatronics
    Dateien
    • 24042013183.jpg

(46,38 kB, 3 mal heruntergeladen, zuletzt: )
    • 24042013184.jpg

(19,07 kB, 53 mal heruntergeladen, zuletzt: )
    • 24042013185.jpg

(46,92 kB, 2 mal heruntergeladen, zuletzt: )

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von „Vernatronics“ ()