Transmission won't start

Transmission won't start

Hi

I have trouble with transmission. It won't start anymore.
    If I try to turn it on in setup menu then it jumps back to off.

I recently upgraded the firmware to the latest one. It worked at first time, but recently it won't start anymore.
    I looked around in volumes and as I understand the main volume where configuration is saved seems to be full and it cannot start the transmission as it want's to save save something there. MC in telnet won't start either.
    / # df
    Filesystem 1k-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on
    /dev/root 132352 132352 0 100% /
    /dev/mtdblock/2 40960 2296 38664 6% /usr/local/etc
    /dev/rd/0 40 40 0 100% /mnt/rd
    /dev/scsi/host1/bus0/target0/lun0/part1 483508304 248659040 234849264 51% /tmp/hdd/volumes/HDD1
    /dev/scsi/host1/bus0/target0/lun0/part3 521780 42836 452440 9% /tmp/hdd/root
    /dev/scsi/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part1 15365832 147248 15218584 1% /tmp/usbmounts/sda1

Seems that after firmware upgrade it doesn't clean up the system volumes. I had there little web app running in background and after firmware uograde it is still there. it was located in /tmp/hdd/root/

If i look for transmission over the volumes then it founds it so

/ # find / -name transmission
    /tmp/hdd/volumes/HDD1/transmission/transmission - download folder
    /tmp/hdd/root/share/doc/transmission - documentation
    /tmp/hdd/root/share/transmission/web - web items
    /tmp/hdd/root/etc/transmission - config folder
    /usr/local/bin/transmission - binary files

this settings.json file is at many places.
    I cannot find any log files why it won't start, anybody maybe knows how to track errors

Jann
    /usr/share/transmission
    /usr/share/transmission/web/style/transmission
    / #
    Hi,

i don't kow what happens there and what you did there (it's not official allowed to use Telnet). The only recommendation i can give you is to reformat the complete HDD (use diskpart and delete all partitions). After that you can format the HDD through the Setup while the player is connected to a TV. Please make sure that not other device is connected to the player while you do this steps and using Transmission.

Best regards,
    Lars
    Hi

I got it to work. I had just to delete transmission files from Download folders and do chkdsk. After that transmission starts again normally.

Is there possible to do chkdsk with busybox?

Mine fantec very often crashes or halts when transmission is active and most probably it need chkdsk after crash otherwise some media files won't work and transmission is acting weirdly. I have newest firmware.

Jann