R2650 problems wit viewing recorded files

Hello wigi!

Did you formated the HDD within the R2650 ..?
    This is for some functions really important.
    If didn't, then backup you files, clean in usb-mode at pc all partitions found on the drive.
    Then finish usb-mode & change back to normal mode -> go setup "hdd-format" or you'll asked directly after the boot-session.

Now you shouldn't have any problems with records, playing, bitorrent or other internet-functions.

Generally the R2650 can read .ts-files !!

!!! Other question: Do you have the latest FW on your device ???
    If not, do a FW-Update before formating the hdd.

Regards, TM
    FANTEC R2750 (2 TB) + 3DFHDL (2 TB) + CL-35B1 (1 TB)

DENON AVR 1910 (HD 7.1) . . . LG 37" LV5590 LED-TV

Hi TM
    thanks for your feedback.

i had formatted the HD and the fantec did not read the .ts file. i then went on to download and patch the firmware fixes. i tried after apgrading the firmware ndthe system still did not read ts files. i will now try and format the disk now that the firmware is uupgraded. hope this works.

does the fact that the fantec is connected to teh tv by scart, whetehr this has anything to do with the problem i am facing ...anyway now we'll see
    thanks

wigi
    Hello Wigi!

If you upgrade the firmwares, there is to follow a special order. But it depends on the fw-version you got now.
    Don't go back in the versions. if you have now p.e. less than r4410, than this ist the 1rst, r5236 the 2nd & r5445 the last.

v8.0.3 r731 - Original
    8.3_20_r4410
    8.3.20_r5236 - Podcasts
    8.3.20_r5445 - Bugfixes

! Please read the read pdf-infofile contained in each download.
    (sometimes it needs to be updated within the setup - - - sometimes it needs to do the safe flash method)
    (safe flash method: shutdown r2650, take out the ac/dc-cable, put in the usb-stick with FW in the back, hold pushing the power-button, put in the ac/dc-cable, wait some seconds till the FW-update is starting, release the power-button, wait till the drive is rebooting, test that all is okay by looking in the setup->system->systeminfo)

And after that ...

!!! ... pleeease: if you want to reformat the drive, be sure to delete ALL partitions on it. !!!
    For this go into usb-mode to pc & use bs-built-in or special partition-software.

does the fact that the fantec is connected to teh tv by scart, whetehr this has anything to do with the problem i am facing ...anyway now we'll see

If you set the [TV.SYS] to 576p -> all is fine. If it's set to PAL, maybe there's a problem, if you have the HQ activated.

best wishes, TM

Hello Wigi !!

I'm sorry, that nothing seams to help in the moment. But we try to find the reason ...

Which OS do you have (Win7, Vista, XP, Linux, MacOS) ??

In Windows it is: Go to START -> RUN -> put in "diskmgmt.msc" (without ") -> Enter -> ...
    ... You'll see now the diskmanagement-window open -> above are all drives (hdd's & optical drives) in TEXT-version + below in GRAPHIC-version.
    Find you usb-device (on my it's named: partition1) -> check by <right-click> on the 1st partition of the drive & "open" to see, if it's your Fantec.
    I see then the folder: bt, image, movie, music, REC, ... -> this is right! -> close this window -> watch in the graphic version of diskmgmt, if there are more than this 1st partition.
    I have 2 with 157MB, another with 12GB for timeshift and some space free.
    NOW: <right-click> on every partition & choose "delete partition" -> go on ...
    If that's done, eject your usb-drive from pc & let reboot the fantec.
    Now you should be asked to "format the harddisk" -> answer "Yes"

That's it !!!

best wishes, TM

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 4 mal editiert, zuletzt von „Tanzmusikus“ ()