P3700 and external dvd rom problem

P3700 and external dvd rom problem

Hi, I've just bought this product and must say it works very well. However, I have issue with external dvd rom connected to player. The problem is that doors of the dvd cannot be opened after a short time the device is turned on. Dvd can be seen in media exploler and disc can be played but the doors cannot be opened and disk ejected. Only thing I can do is to restart the player or disconnect from player and quickly replace the dvd - then doors are blocked again :( I'm using actuall firmware. Really don't know where is the problem, has anybody have an idea? Thx
    Greetings and welcome to our board

There are several types of external dvd units wich are not 100% compatible , you might own such kind of unit.
    Please specify me the brand name of your external dvd unit and will check for you regarding this issue.

Best regards
    Ovi
    LED LG 47LE5300 47 inch...Fantec p3700 2TB...Bang & Olufsen custom build sound system...Patriot TS-639 Pro Turbo NAS 4TB
    Hi Ovi,

thanks for answer. In the meantime I was able to find a solution in German section of the forum so it took some time for me. I think it is common problem maybe for all DVD drives connected to Fantec devices. Firmware usually block DVD to open the tray when connected using hardware button but thanks god there is a blue button on the remote control which will force tray to open. This solution is completely acceptable for me so I consider this problem solved :thumbsup: Strange that in manual a blue button is mentioned but with no function assigned to it - obviously there is an eject function assigned! :)