P3700 as DLNA server?

Actually I am not 100% sure what I mean.

I have P3700 connected to my panasonic plasma P50G30 thru HDMI cable. Also I have both connected to Linksys wrt54gl (home network). Now I am buying second TV and exploring possibilities for watching movies from that same P3700. New tv will be connected to home network too, but cant be connected to P3700 by HDMI or SCART.

My thinking is if P3700 acts as DLNA server all I need is to buy tv which supports DLNA streaming (client). Am I right?

regards,

Damjan

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von „damo“ ()

Hi,

this is possible but...with 54MBit WLAN you can only stream videos with low bitrates. It's better to use Gigabit LAN if you would like to stream movies with higher resolutions and bitrates.

Also UPnP and the TVs doesn't support all formats so it's possible that you can't stream all your movie content!

Best regards,
    Lars
    I tried and it works (I have tv and P3700 wired to network). Like you said some formats do not work. Is this TV or P3700 fault?

Another question, I want to buy some ip cameras and connect them to the network. They say have FTP protocol and H.264 coding. Can cameras store pictures, movies to P3700? And if you can answer, can cameras act like DLNA servers (they say they have UPnP, but nothing about DLNA)? Is there any router that can route from home network connected camera and serve it thru DLNA?

thank you for your help and best regards!

Damjan

damo schrieb:

Can cameras store pictures, movies to P3700? And if you can answer, can cameras act like DLNA servers (they say they have UPnP, but nothing about DLNA)? Is there any router that can route from home network connected camera and serve it thru DLNA?

Damjan
    Greetings Dam

Sadly p3700 cannot act as an dedicated surveillance DVR or DSR through DLNA but there are several intermediary solutions like QNAP or Synology NAS devices .... more details here

QNAP Systems, Inc. - Affordable Webcam Surveillance Using Surveillance Station on QNAP NAS

It will allow you to store movies and pics and see them with p3700.

Best Regards
    LED LG 47LE5300 47 inch...Fantec p3700 2TB...Bang & Olufsen custom build sound system...Patriot TS-639 Pro Turbo NAS 4TB