new firmware and subtitles

new firmware and subtitles

Hi

After I have upgraded my P3700 to new official firmware it won't find subtitles that have language indicator at the end of the filename
    eg filmname-eng.srt
    if I remove -eng then it finds the subtitre.

Another cool feature is to download subtitles from somewhere. It seems to be cool but somehow after i choosing it the device goes to restart.
    and I cannot test it at all. Network is available.

Is there reason why P3700 don't read .sub subtitles (i mean the subs in text format)?

Ordzo

ordzo schrieb:

Hi

After I have upgraded my P3700 to new official firmware it won't find subtitles that have language indicator at the end of the filename
    eg filmname-eng.srt
    if I remove -eng then it finds the subtitre.

Another cool feature is to download subtitles from somewhere. It seems to be cool but somehow after i choosing it the device goes to restart.
    and I cannot test it at all. Network is available.

Is there reason why P3700 don't read .sub subtitles (i mean the subs in text format)?

Ordzo

Greetings

The main issue of sometime not reading the .sub files shows up when filaname of subtitle is diferent than the name of the movie...or in some cases when the number of characters aka letters from subtitle filename exceed ...you also have to check in the settings of the media player menu if UTF8 enconding is turned off.

Best Regards

Ovi
    LED LG 47LE5300 47 inch...Fantec p3700 2TB...Bang & Olufsen custom build sound system...Patriot TS-639 Pro Turbo NAS 4TB