Share files with Windows 7

Share files with Windows 7

Hi Everyone,

Like many people here, I have a TV-FHDS for approximately one year.
    I am happy with it as long as I do not use the network features. Here is my problem:

I use my Windows 7 PC to share files, but I cannot access them from my TV-FHDS.
    - In fact I can see the shared directory, but a Login/password is prompted, even if my computer does not have any password
    - I can access the shared files from a Win XP, no password is asked...

Did someone already tried to do such a thing ?
    My next step would be Upnp between Win7 and the TV-FHDS... so I will have a lot to do !

If someone could give me an advice, it would be really appreciated :)

Regards,
    Sien
    Hi,

the problem is your network share on Windows 7, it's not correct as it looks like. The FHDS works with Windows from every firmware release higher than r3xxx (so it's always better to use the latest firmware!).

Please make sure that you have correct installed the "Guest Account" in Windows 7 and your share is release for "everyone". The login/password prompt only appears, when something ist not correct shared under Windows!

Best regards,
    Lars
    Hi Lars,
    thank you for your answer.

I will check that my firmware is up to date and that the guest account is activated.

I'll let you know if this works :)

-Edit-
    Here is what I did:
    1- Checked firmware: r4157
    2- Activated Guest user
    3- Checked that my share is shared to everyone: Yes. Everyone has all rights on it.
    --> The password is still asked. I even tried to create an account with password, and then to authenticate with it from TV-FHDS, but logon always fails.

But I still can access my win7 share from windows XP. Something is probably wrong in Win7 configuration, but this system is more complicated than win XP...
    Do you have any idea of what could be missing ?
    Should I do something with the "Residential group" ?

Thanks in advance. :)

Kind regards,
    sien

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von „sien“ ()