R2650 - Malfunction recording from AV IN

R2650 - Malfunction recording from AV IN

Hi, I own a Fantec R2650 since more than one year and I’m experiencing a
    malfunction since I installed the 8.3.20_r4721 firmware and that is still
    happening even with the more recent 8.3.20_r5236 firmware.

The question is as follows: every time I’m recording something from the
    analogue input (Video 1) if - while recording - I begin to watch something
    present on the R2650's internal Hard Disk (a Western Digital 1,5TB WD15EADS),
    in the exact moment I begin to play the video I want to watch (no matter if I play
    a previously recorded file or the same file I’m recording) the ongoing
    recording skips (of course that can be seen when I later play the file),
    completely losing 4-5 seconds of the program I’m recording, and, from that
    moment on, the audio and video are no more in phase. That happens to every
    recording from analogue input with recording quality set on HQ in the very
    moment I launch another video I want to watch, no matter if preview mode on the
    browse section is active or not. If the recording quality is set on SP, the
    above said beheavour still happens with the only difference that, in this case,
    the ongoing recording fast forward (instead of skipping causing a “hole”) for
    4-5 seconds. Nothing happens if the recording quality is set on LP or below, but
    in that case quality is quite poor.

I also tried to record on an external USB device and - at the same time -
    play something from the internal Hard disk (or from units connected via LAN)
    but the malfunction happened again, suggesting it doesn't depend on the hard
    disk being too slow or something like that. Moreover everything perfetcly works
    with previous firmwares (from r730 to r 1997). In fact I tried to re-install
    the 1997 firmware release and - as expected - everything worked well and I was
    able to record from analogue input and at the same time play a video from the
    internal hard disk without the recording being affected and missing not even one
    second of the program I was recording. I again installed last firmware (5236)
    and the mafunction I explained appeared again. It seems as if - in the instant
    I play a video while recording from analogue input - the last two firmwares too
    heavily load the R2650's CPU.

Notice that everything goes well if I play a video while I’m recording from
    DBV-T; in that case the resulting
    recording is perfect even if i play something while recording.I’m pretty sure this is a bug
    because it never happened with the previous firmware releases.

I've sent some emails to
    Fantec service support (
    service@fantec.de) asking for help but they only
    answered that they tried but didn't experienced any of waht I reported.

So I'm writing here to ask if anyone from Fantec support can help me.
    Greetings and welcome to the support forum

By 2 days i am runing tests over the same configuration mediaplayer + hdd like yours.....and i still don't encountered any issue.Will try with other fw's aswell and i'll keep you informed with progress over your mediaplayer issue.

Regards
    LED LG 47LE5300 47 inch...Fantec p3700 2TB...Bang & Olufsen custom build sound system...Patriot TS-639 Pro Turbo NAS 4TB

ovidiu31 schrieb:

Greetings and welcome to the support forum

By 2 days i am runing tests over the same configuration mediaplayer + hdd like yours.....and i still don't encountered any issue.Will try with other fw's aswell and i'll keep you informed with progress over your mediaplayer issue.

Regards

Thank you.
    It's very strange you didn't encountered the problem, I can't see what can be the reason. Above all, if the problem was caused by my hard disk, it should appear even with old firmwares, while they perfectly work. I repeat my exact configuration:
    Fantec R2650 (bought December 2009), firmware r5236 (or r4721), hdd Eestern Digital WD15EADS.
    You can try this test:
    At t=0 launch a recording from AV IN with selecting HQ quality (no matter if scheduled o manual, no matter if the recording support is the internal hdd or a USB device)
    At t=15 sec play something (no matter if played fro internal hdd, USB device or network unit, no matter if the same file you're recording or a different file)
    At t=30 sec stop playing
    At t=45 sec stop recording
    Now play the recorded program launched at t=0; you'll find that at t=15 sec the recording will miss what was broadcast from t=15 sec to t=19 sec instantly skipping 4 seconds forward (you'll see that only watching and listening to the TV, the timer will still continue to count correctly, namely you'll see 15 sec, 16 sec, 17 sec and so on) and from that moment on video will be delayed about one second with respect to audio.
    You can repeat selecting SP quality, you'll find that at t=15 sec you'll see something as if you have pressed "fast forward" for a second o even less, and you'll find the recording is 4 seconds forward.
    I hope this can help.