Mr-35Du3

I recnetly purchased a MR-35DU3.

After installing, the device failed while copying data in Raid 1 mode via USB 3.0, it then wanted to format the drive which it would not do.

I then switched to another machine with a USB 3.0 port and had the same problem.

The device works fine under USB 2.0 on both machines.

I have indows 7 service pack 1 on both machine and all drivers are upto date.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Tony
    Greetings

First of all allow me to congratulate you for your aquisition wich is a very good one,on the other hand the main issue of USB 3 devices is the imaturity of the technology and the biggest problems for these devices is the "drivers" or "heat".

renesas_firmware_v3.0.2.7.zip
    this is the firmware for renesas usb3.0 chip
    renesas_usb3_v2.0.34.0.zip
    the drivers
    The driver installs a small program, including USB 3.0 Host Controller Utility to find the Start Menu, where all the installed programs are located. If the program starts and then sets the check mark in "Turn off the power management features USB3.0". From this function, the USB power saving functions are not affected, this special features are concerned, the make of this chipset USB3.0 still problems, so this feature can be disabled easily.and this is what needs to be set off give it a try.

Tell me please if you can measure some temperatures aswell and let us know those degrees or you can try directly to chill down with the box by mounting a fan if you have room if the heat causes you the issue.

Regards
    LED LG 47LE5300 47 inch...Fantec p3700 2TB...Bang & Olufsen custom build sound system...Patriot TS-639 Pro Turbo NAS 4TB

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von „ovidiu31“ () aus folgendem Grund: extra adds

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, I am in Africa so heat is a problem, though I use the Drives in an airconditioned room.

I will try the drivers and post back here with the results.

Tried the suggested solution on both computers and the drive still does not work with USB 3.0.

All my other USB 3.0 drives work without a problem

Cheers

Tony

Update:

I had no answer from this post so I emailed Tech support direct, Lars replied, thank for the help

The original reply I recieved was accurate except that the final stage was misssing and that was the small program now in my start list.

Lars directed me to the German forum and the following is a google translation, my kit now works fine

Because USB3.0 is still subject to some minor problems, here's a small tutorial on how to fix in most cases these problems.

The problems can e.g. be: disconnects when copying files, durable and logout of the external devices, no recognition of the devices, slow data transfer rates ..

Basically, this How-To works is that the chipsets to its USB3.0 controller in the computer / laptop to the latest firmware update and it performs well with the drivers, so it may be natural, that one's own chipset not of this How-To can be considered you, turn in this case, please contact the respective manufacturer of the controller.
    However, as currently estimated 95% of the USB3.0 controller from Renesas / NEC are expected to be high probability that one can be helped here!

1) The first need to update the firmware of the USB3.0 controller, a very latest firmware can be downloaded here: DOWNLOAD

2) After you have updated the firmware, it goes on with the drivers that can be downloaded here: DOWNLOAD

If one has done steps 1 and 2 and installed everything fresh, is the crucial point 3rd

3) The driver installs a small program, including USB 3.0 Host Controller Utility to find the Start Menu, where all the installed programs are located. If the program starts and then sets the check mark in "Turn off the power management features USB3.0. From this function, the USB power saving functions are not affected, this special features are concerned, the make of this chipset USB3.0 still problems, so this feature can be disabled easily.

4) Finish. Please note that this is a workaround for the USB3.0 USB3.0 controller on the card and motherboard is, what we have here not to do anything directly, so we can offer for these devices do not have wider support!

Apart from this update, you can and you should, of course, so far available that perform specific devices offered by us for firmware updates as well to rule out possible problems that are fixed with the updates, you can. get firmware updates for the equipment we supply it here: DOWNLOAD

Greetings,
    Lars

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von „hanzo“ ()